TYPICAL RESIDENTIAL PURCHASE CLOSING COSTS
In addition to the typical 10% deposit due upon signing of contracts, the following are additional expenses involved with buying a home:
1. Attorney Fee: Range is $3,000 – $5,000
2. Title Search: $600
3. Title Insurance: Fee calculator at www.caticrates.com
4. Loan Charges to Lender: Disclosed on Good Faith Estimate provided by Bank
5. Bank Fees: Prepaid interest based on amount of mortgage/interest rate. Calculated from day of closing to end of month.
6. Tax Escrow: Based on the monthly amount of real estate taxes that are required by lender.
7. Homeowners Insurance: One year paid in full
8. Recording Fees: Town clerk charges by the page - 1st page is $60; $5 for every additional page
9. Home Inspection: $1,500
10. Survey/Staking: Approximately $2,000
11. Adjustments: Property Taxes, Association Fees, Oil, Propane, Gas, Service Contracts